Wednesday, March 23, 2005

bloom astrid


bloomastrid
Originally uploaded by starleneg.

I'm not completely happy with how this turned out....but here is my submission forIllustration Friday. It is inspired by my friend Astrid's pink camo jammies and her daddie's comment that she could hide in a field of tulips. She is much cuter than I portrayed her. Wouldn't this make a great commemorative plate?

I've been in a creative funk and been feeling untalented lately. I feel like I'm lost and have no direction and I'm foolin' myself for thinking I can do this as a job. Then I read penelope illustration where she just recently felt similar feelings and I felt a bit better, but I still feel like I suck today and can't make anything look good. So I'm telling myself it's a phase and it'll pass like Penelope said.

Tomorrow I'm off to D.C. to visit Le Fruzsi. I miss that gal. We'll also take a little visit to MD to see Madame Jess and her magic grow belly. Should be a fun trip, but I sure do hate to fly. HATE IT.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

This is adorable. I love illus fri for the simple fact that I can ck out other peoples sites for inspiration, and many times find out even the pros get into a funk every now and then! Penelope's right, the feelings will pass. My problem is I'm just getting back into the swing of drawing again and sometimes I wonder "what's the use?" or "what's my style?" or (the big one) "will I ever DO something that I could ever market?" Right now I am just happy to be drawing again. I am interested to see where it takes me.
Augh. Sorry to ramble on. I really do like your submission!

Unknown said...

this is cute!

Anonymous said...

Stacy you are soo talented.. i love this picture and all the others you've done..
chell, todd, and hayden

Anonymous said...

det jeg var ute etter, takk